SKOPELOS DO’S AND DON’TS, SKOPELOS DO’S, SKOPELOS DONT’S, SUMMER VACATION ON NORTHERN SPORADES, SKOPELOS HOLIDAYS, SUMMER HOLIDAYS, SUMMER ON SKOPELOS ISLAND, VACATION IN SKOPELOS, HOLIDAYS IN NORTHERN SPORADES, SKOPELOS SUNSET, SKOPELOS BEACHES, ADRINA HOTELS, NORTHERN SPORADES, SKIATHOS SKOPELOS, TRAVELLING TO NORTHERN SPORADES, GREECE, SKOPELOS BLOG, SKOPELOS BLOGSPOT, SKOPELOS BLOGGING, SKOPELOS BLOGS, SKOPELOS BLOGGERS
Do’s and Don’ts on Skopelos Island during summer vacations
When visiting Skopelos Island in the summer, there are several things you should do and some things you should avoid to have an enjoyable experience.
Here are some do’s and don’ts for your trip to Skopelos Island:
- Explore the beaches: Skopelos is known for its stunning beaches, so make sure to spend time exploring and enjoying them. Some popular beaches include Stafilos, Velanio, Agnontas, Limnonari, Panormos, and Milia, Kastani, Hovolo. Do make the most of how easy it is to visit all the different beaches. Actually, you would pick a different beach every day if you wish for it.
- Visit Skopelos Chora: Skopelos Town, the island’s main town, has a charming old town with narrow streets, white-washed houses, and picturesque churches. Take a stroll through the town and immerse yourself in its beauty.
- Try local cuisine: Sample the delicious Greek cuisine on the island. Skopelos offers a variety of traditional taverns and restaurants where you can enjoy fresh seafood, local cheeses, and other Greek specialties.
- Take a boat trip: Skopelos Island is surrounded by crystal-clear waters, so take the opportunity to go on a boat trip. You can explore hidden coves, snorkel, and even visit neighboring islands like Alonissos or Skiathos.
- Experience the local culture: Skopelos has a rich cultural heritage, so try to engage with the local culture. Attend traditional festivals, visit local museums, and learn about the island’s history.
Do I have to see the sunset in Skopelos?
Absolutely! Watching the sunset in Skopelos is a magical experience that shouldn’t be missed. Skopelos Island offers several stunning spots where you can enjoy breathtaking sunset views. Here are a few recommendations:
- Panormos Beach: Panormos Beach is known for its natural beauty and tranquil atmosphere. Find a comfortable spot on the beach, sit back, and watch as the sun paints the sky with vibrant colors as it sets over the Aegean Sea.
- Agnontas Village: Agnontas is a charming fishing village on the southwest coast of Skopelos. Head to the harbor area and find a spot to enjoy the sunset while observing the small fishing boats gently rocking in the water.
- Glossa Village: Glossa is a picturesque village located on a hilltop, offering panoramic views of the sea and surrounding landscapes. Find a cozy café or taverna with a terrace and relax as you witness the sun setting behind the horizon.
- Kastani Beach: Kastani Beach gained fame as one of the filming locations for the movie “Mamma Mia!” This beautiful beach offers golden sands and crystal-clear waters. Situated on the west coast of the island, it’s a perfect spot to watch the sun disappear below the horizon.
- Skopelos Town: The town itself offers various viewpoints from which you can enjoy the sunset. Wander through the narrow streets and find a vantage point overlooking the sea, such as the Castle of Skopelos or one of the town’s charming cafés.
- Adrina Hotels: Watching the sunset from Adrina Hotels on Skopelos Island is a fantastic choice. Adrina Hotels is known for its prime locations and beautiful views. Here’s how you can enjoy the sunset from Adrina Hotels:
- Adrina Beach Hotel: Adrina Beach Hotel offers a prime spot to witness the sunset. Relax on the hotel’s beachfront terrace, grab a refreshing drink from the bar, and watch as the sun paints the sky with breathtaking colors over the tranquil waters of the Aegean Sea.
- Adrina Resort & Spa: Adrina Resort & Spa is located on the hillside, providing panoramic views of the sea and the surrounding landscape. Find a comfortable spot on the resort’s terrace, by the pool, or on your private balcony, and enjoy the mesmerizing sunset views as the sun sinks below the horizon.
- Adrina Resort & Spa Villas: If you’re staying in one of the villas at Adrina Resort & Spa, you can have the luxury of watching the sunset from your own private terrace or balcony. Sip a glass of wine or enjoy a delicious dinner while witnessing the natural beauty unfold before your eyes.
The Adrina Hotels properties are known for their attention to detail and for providing a serene atmosphere, making them the perfect locations to enhance your sunset viewing experience. Be sure to check with the hotel staff for any specific recommendations or viewpoints on the property that offer exceptional sunset vistas.
Remember to check the local sunset time and arrive a little early to secure a good spot. Grab a refreshing drink or a snack, and savor the tranquility and beauty of the moment as the sun dips below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the island of Skopelos.
- Don’t litter: It’s important to respect the environment and keep the island clean. Dispose of your trash properly and avoid leaving any waste behind, especially on the beaches.
- Don’t forget sun protection: Skopelos can get very hot during the summer months, so make sure to protect yourself from the sun. Wear sunscreen, a hat, and stay hydrated to avoid sunburn and heatstroke.
- Don’t underestimate the heat: Greek summers can be scorching, so take precautions to protect yourself from the heat. Avoid excessive sun exposure, stay hydrated, and seek shade during the hottest hours of the day.
- Don’t expect a wild nightlife: Skopelos is more known for its natural beauty and tranquility rather than its nightlife. If you’re looking for a vibrant party scene, you might be better off visiting nearby Skiathos instead.
- Don’t ignore local customs: Familiarize yourself with the local customs and traditions to show respect to the local population. For example, it’s customary to greet people with a friendly “kalimera” (good morning) or “kalispera” (good evening).
- Don’t rush: Skopelos is a place to unwind and relax. Avoid rushing through your itinerary and take the time to appreciate the island’s serene atmosphere and natural beauty.
- Don’t expect a fast-paced service: Greek culture tends to be more relaxed, and service in restaurants and shops may be slower compared to other countries. Embrace the laid-back atmosphere and enjoy the opportunity to unwind.
- Don’t forget to check for any specific guidelines or restrictions related to COVID-19, if any, or any other local regulations before traveling to Skopelos Island.
- Don’t let too many people know all about the secrets of the beautiful Skopelos island. Keep all this magic for us!!!!!
Enjoy your trip!
Skopelos.com – Skopelos Blog